We all know that the IELTS exam is divided into 4 sections which are the Reading test, Speaking Test, Listening Test, and Writing Test. And do you know which test section leads to a massive drop in your overall IELTS score?
Most of you will say it’s the Speaking test, but in reality, it’s the writing test because the overall score drops extensively, and people cannot fulfill their dream linked with it.
What is the IELTS Writing Test?
Firstly the IELTS Writing test is divided into two sections: IELTS General Writing Test and IELTS Academic Writing Test. In both tests, you would have to complete two different written tasks.
The first written test task would be to write a letter or summarise data from a graph and to write it in paragraphs.
The second written task is to write an essay. Although if you opt for the IELTS General Writing Test, you will be able to get more general topics to write on.
When we talk about the assessment section of the IELTS Writing Test, there are a few factors to keep in mind: task completion, organized and linked-up content, vocabulary, and grammatical accuracy.
Tips for Achieving a Higher Score in IELTS Writing Test
Let us have a look at the tips with the help of which you can enhance your IELTS writing and overall IELTS score:
- You will get 60 minutes to complete your IELTS written test tasks. Therefore, make sure that you are spending your time wisely. You can distribute 30-30 minutes to each task for better completion. Although the second task would take more time, you should plan accordingly.
- Your institute also plays a crucial role in this section; if you were getting your IELTS done from the best IELTS Institute in Ludhiana, you would notice them teaching you task completion skills for better results.
- Make sure that you have a complete track of the number of words. For example, the first task requires around 150 words, while the second written test task requires 250 words.
If you use fewer words, you will have to lose marks on that.
- Most IELTS students need to read the guidelines properly before doing the written task, and that’s why they lose marks. Always read your guidelines properly based on which you would have to do the written assignments.
- Every IELTS Written task requires a specific style; make sure you are well aware of those styles. During the checking of your work, they are also going to have a look at your writing style and the kind of words you use.
Achieving a higher score on the IELTS Writing Test is not difficult, but make sure you are using the right tips and tricks for that. If you are looking for the best Immigration Consultants in Ludhiana, then NexGeneration Education is your most reliable option.
They can also help you with IELTS Coaching, Tests, and Visa Consultants.